Coronation Potato and Prawn Salad
Cooking methods: Boiling
- PREPARATION TIME: 10 Minutes
- COOKING TIME: 10 Minutes
An English food writer and chef are credited with inventing ‘Coronation’ chicken when they suggested serving the dish at a banquet to mark the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II.
- 500g salad potatoes e.g. Charlotte, diced
- 75g fat-free Greek yogurt
- 50g low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tsp medium madras curry powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 50g dried apricots, chopped
- 25g pack chives, chopped
- 150g cooked, peeled tiger prawns
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes until tender, drain.
- Meanwhile, mix together the yoghurt, mayonnaise, curry powder and turmeric. Stir in the apricots, chives and hot potatoes. Allow to cool.
- Stir in the prawns with 3 tbsp water and season well.
Suitable potato varieties
Salad, such as Charlotte or Maris Peer
- Chopping board
- Saucepan with lid
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowl