Potato and Courgette Frittata
Cooking methods: Baking, frying
- PREPARATION TIME: 15 Minutes
- COOKING TIME: 20-25 Minutes
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 courgettes, washed and sliced
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped herbs, or 1 tsp dried herbs, or two tbsp pesto
- A handful of cooked potatoes, sliced
- Fat or oil to grease baking dish
- Pre-heat the oven to 200˚C.
- In a large frying pan, fry the onions and courgettes together in the oil until the onion is translucent and the courgettes are softening. Add the garlic about two minutes before you think the onions and courgettes will be ready – there’s less risk of overcooking it this way.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the herbs or pesto, then stir in the cooked vegetables and sliced potatoes and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a greased, lined, baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes until puffy and golden.
Suitable potato varieties
Smooth, such as Desiree
- Frying pan
- Wooden spoon
- Vegetable knife
- Large bowl
- Baking dish, greased and lined with baking parchment
- Oven gloves